Second High-Level Meeting,
1. We, the participants of the second High-Level Meeting of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation, are committed to effective development co-operation as a means to achieve the universal and inter-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We met in Nairobi, Kenya, on 28 November-1 December 2016 to reaffirm the spirit of partnership in whichwe recognized our unity of purpose, inter-dependence and respective responsibilities.
2. We believe that effective development co-operation can arise from inclusion, trust and innovation, founded on respect by all partners for the use of national strategies and country results frameworks.
3. The universality of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development means that the donor-recipient relationships of the past have been replaced by approaches that view all stakeholders as equal and interdependent partners in development. The Global Partnership champions this approach, and seeks to maximise the effectiveness and impact of all forms of co-operation for development. We do this in partnership to achieve the broad vision of increased well-being for people and the planet, prosperity and peace.
4. Our vision is consistent with agreed international commitments on environmental sustainability, human rights, decent work, gender equality and the elimination of all forms of discrimination.
5. Our Monitoring Framework is a unique instrument for mutual accountability. We will continue to use it to monitor implementation of our commitments through country-led and country-based processes. This monitoring will contribute directly to the United Nations High-Level Political Forum follow-up and review of the implementation of the SDGs. We will evolve and strengthen our monitoring to deepen mutual learning, mutual benefit and mutual accountability.
6. To deliver on this vision, we will collectively and individually take urgent action in line with the Busan Principles, applicable to all partners – ownership of development priorities by developing countries, a focus on results, inclusive development partnerships and transparency and accountability.
7. We embrace the diversity that underpins our partnership and recognise the complementary contributions of all stakeholders. While our principles and commitments are common to all members of the Global Partnership, each partner will deliver on its respective commitments, specific to their constituency.