Africa Action Plan on Development Effectiveness - Development and Cooperation Priorities
- The Africa Action Plan on Development Effectiveness with key priorities for development cooperation is inspired by the vision of the African Union of “an integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena”.
- The Action Plan is based on the Continent’s development priorities as expressed by the African Union Agenda 2063, the Constitutive Act of the African Union and NEPAD, the 2011 African Consensus and Position on Development Effectiveness, as well as, regional and continental consultations held in preparation for the First High-Level Meeting of the Global Partnership of Effective Development Cooperation.
- The Plan reflects consensus reached on the aggregated interests expressed by the representatives of AU Member States, the Regional Economic Communities, Civil Society, Parliamentarians and stakeholders.
- The Action Plan will inform the Continent’s participation at the First High Level Meeting of the Global Partnership for Effective Development
- Cooperation scheduled for Mexico from 15-16 April 2014.
- The African Action Plan therefore provides the Continent’s consensus as it relates to:
- Progress on implementing the Busan commitments;
- Tax and domestic resource mobilisation;
- Middle-income countries and effective development co-operation;
- Knowledge sharing, South-South and triangular co-operation;
- The private sector and effective development co-operation.
Download the document for the full text.