User Review( votes)
CM Trading is a brand belonging to Global Capital Markets Trading and Blackstone Marketing SA (PTY) LTD. The operator is CMT Processing Limited. The brand has been the biggest forex broker in South Africa for the past few years. In 2017, it won the Best Performing Broker in Africa Award. CM Trading has continued to enjoy a tremendous amount of success in Africa because of its quality of service and market reputation.
• Welcome Offer
• Join the Introducing Broker (IB) Family
• Support for Responsible Trading
• Copy Trading
• Users only trade cryptocurrencies but don’t own them
South African traders have the following reasons to open an account at CM Trading:
- Welcome Offer – CM Trading gives a free eBook to customers who have just made their first deposit. If traders deposit more than $500, they can claim a bonus of 20% up to $1000.
- Join the Introducing Broker (IB) Family – You can join the IB family if you offer trading education, provide signals and other value-added services, or have a connection with potential clients. CM Trading pays its IBs generously every month and on time. The Forex broker has IBs from different parts of the world.
- Support for Responsible Trading – CM Trading encourages its clients to trade in a responsible manner. It advises clients not to trade emotionally or exceed their bankroll limits.
- Copy Trading – CM Trading enables traders to copy and follow the top traders in the market.
- Affiliates – You can earn more money by sending traffic to CM Trading.
- Money Managers – Offer your services as an EA developer, fund manager, or money manager at CM Trading and earn some extra money.
Is CM Trading Reliable?
South African traders can trade with confidence at CM Trading because the online broker offers a safe and secure online trading environment. It is the owner of sophisticated Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security systems and maintains clients’ funds in separate accounts.
Moreover, CMTrading is licensed and regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) South Africa, which is an independent body that monitors non-banking financial services across South Africa.
Simple Guide to Getting Started at CM Trading
To get started at CM Trading, you have to click on the Open Account link on top of the homepage. This opens a simple registration form, in which you have to fill in details such as your name and email, choose your currency and country from the drop down box, and create a password.
We suggest that you read the customer agreement, risk disclosure statement, and anti-money laundering policy before clicking on the Create an Account button.
You can create demo accounts for all the account types described below. A demo account allows you to trade without using real money in realistic market conditions. While new clients use demo accounts to learn about trading and develop their skills, existing traders use them to try out new trading plans or strategies.
Types of Accounts
Depending on your trading goals, trading styles, and requirements, you can open the following types of accounts at CMTrading.com.
- Mini Account – You can open a mini account by depositing in the range of $250 to $999. This type of account comes with a leverage of 1:200, daily and weekly market reviews, and a CM Trading eBook.
- Classic Account – You can open a classic account by depositing in the range of $1000 to $9999. Some of the features of this type of account are leverage of 1:200, regular spreads, and webinars.
- Executive Account – You can open an executive account by depositing in the range of $10,000 to $24,999. This type of account features a leverage of 1:200, a tighter spread, two risk-free trades, and webinars.
- Premium Account – You have to deposit at least $25,000 into your premium account. The features of a premium account include leverage of 1:200, competitive spreads, same-day withdrawals, three risk-free trades, two trading strategies, and webinars.
If you are a follower of Sharia laws, you can open an Islamic account at CMTrading. Sharia laws prevent adherents from accepting interest. Islamic accounts allow traders to participate in any financial transaction without accruing any interest. All the interest and fees that standard accounts offer are automatically converted into admin and account fees.
CM Trading offers the following trading instruments:
- Indices – Access US, Asian, and European markets by trading international indices. The indices list includes S&P 500, DAX 30, ASX, and HANG.
- Metals – Avail of gold and silver trading opportunities at CM Trading.
- Commodities – Trade commodities such as corn, coffee, wheat, gas, sugar, Brent Oil, Crude Oil, and copper.
- CFDs – Trade CFDs on stocks and commodities.
- Forex – Trade currency pairs such as AUD/CAD, EUR/CHF, CAD/JPY, EUR/DKK, and many others.
CM Trading offers powerful platform and tools to help its clients make profitable trades. These platforms include user friendly mobile trading and web trading apps and award-winning trading platforms as follows:
MetaTrader 4’s powerful features in combination with excellent support from CM Trading result in a sophisticated technical analysis and trading toolset. You can download and install MetaTrader 4 for your desktop using the link on the CM Trading website. Or you can visit the Google Play Store and the Apple Store to download MT4 for Android and iOS devices, respectively.
Some of the benefits of MT4 include:
- One-click trade execution
- Real time quotes
- Live analytics
- Charts and graphs for different timeframes
- Limit orders
- Trading tools and technical indicators
- User friendly interface
The Sirix WebTrader is a social trading platform developed by Leverate, which has been supplying technical services to online forex brokers from 2008. The advantages of WebTrader are as follows:
- Complete social trading integration
- Watch and follow professional traders
- No download required
- Easy to use
- Support for 18 languages
- Native apps for iOS and Android
- Integrated calendars and news feed
- CopyKat feature that enables learning from pro traders
Making Deposits and Withdrawals at CM Trading
Clients can deposit funds using the following methods at CMTrading:
- Credit/debit cards
- Bank/Wire transfer
To withdraw their profits from their trading accounts, trader have to log in to their accounts, click on the Withdrawal link, fill in the payout request form, and then click on “Request a Withdrawal.”
Withdrawal requests go to the finance department, which sends clients an email within 24 hours.
Contact CM Trading
There are several ways to contact CM Trading.
- Email – Send an email to [email protected] (client support), [email protected] (sales), [email protected] (finance), [email protected] (trading), [email protected] (introducing brokers).
- Postal Address – Write to Sandton City Office Tower 9, Corner Rivonia Road and 5th Street, Sandton, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa.
- Telephone – Call the online trader on the South African number +27-10-500-80-26.
- Leave a Message – You can use the online contact form to leave a message for CM Trading.
Unique Features of CM Trading
The following are some of the unique features of CM Trading:
CM Trading’s CopyKat enables clients to observe the activities of successful professional traders, learn from them, and copy their strategies. Learning forex trading and all the complex strategies associated with forex trading is difficult. But with CopyKat, clients can easily copy successful trades.
Customers can follow the trades of successful traders and copy them if they wish. Or they can copy trades automatically. If they do so, trades of successful traders are automatically copied in their accounts. Whenever a professional trader makes money, the new trader who copies him/her also makes money.
The following are the benefits of CopyKat:
- Beginners can easily become experts
- They can follow experts and learn how they trade.
- Trading is done in autopilot mode – customers just have to choose a provider to copy and the CopyKat system will automatically copy their trades.
- The professional trader who is being copied will never gain access to your details.
- You can start by depositing a minimum of $250.
To get started with CopyKat, you have to open an account, gain access to the Sirix WebTrader, search for professional traders to copy, and copy their trades.
To educate its clients, CM Trading offers eBooks, training videos, webinars, chart analysis, and video chart analysis.
CM Trading offers tools such as social trading, technical analysis, guardian angel, economic calendar, daily forex news, signals, and market analysis to help clients make successful trades.
Here are details of some of these tools:
- Social Trading – A social trading environment allows traders to interact with one another, share ideas, and learn strategies.
- Guardian Angel – This is a feature that provides automated feedback on how clients trade. It includes a stop loss calculator and market volatility indications.
- Smart Communication System – CM Trading’s Smart Communication System is free of charge and keeps traders updated with everything they need to know.
CM Trading FAQs
Q1: Does CM Trading trade on behalf of its clients?
A: No. CM Trading provides a secure platform to conduct trading activities. It does not trade for its clients. But it offers complete support and a set of free educational resources to help its clients learn trading strategies and develop trading skills.
Q2: What are the various risks associated with CFD trading and Forex trading?
A: Both CFD trading and Forex trading and leveraged products and clients can lose their entire margin deposit or part of it if they do not calculate the risks properly. While the FX broker provides all the quotes, instruments, and tools required to make successful trades, traders have to be aware of the associated risks, the technicalities, and fundamentals associated with being a trader.
Q3: Are my personal details safe with CM Trading?
A: Yes, CM Trading uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate to protect your personal details. Also, it saves trader details on secure servers.
Q4: What is the minimum amount I have to deposit at CM Trading?
A: If you have opened a live trading account at CM Trading, you have to deposit at least €/$250.
Q5: What is the minimum amount I can withdraw from my account?
A: CM Trading allows you to withdraw a minimum of $20 from your account.
Should You Sign Up?
If you live in South Africa, CM Trading is the best online forex broker for you. It is licensed and regulated in Africa and already enjoys excellent reputation among African traders. In addition, it comes with features such as CopyKat, social trading, Sirix WebTrader, and a wide range of educational and trading tools that help traders make successful trades.
You have four types of accounts to choose from and you can open a demo account for each of these account types. So if you are thinking about getting into trading and want a reliable, efficient and top broker, don’t think twice about signing up with CM Trading.
CM Trading Review
South African traders have the following reasons to open an account at CM Trading: